Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring has Sprung


It's official, spring has finally arrived, we have made it through another winter (in Georgia, that's not really a big deal)..... Birds are laying their eggs and soon the babies will be chirping... In the evenings, you can hear the frogs croaking in the creeks and ponds...The flowers and trees are starting to bloom, the beauty of spring is everywhere...Right?....Well, only if your among the handful of people who aren't looking through red, itchy, watery eyes who's swollen nasal passages and constant sneezing, and wheezing makes you wish you could skip spring and go straight to summer....I was feeling very nasally and... itchy...and....watery..and...sneezing...(I have just named half of the seven dwarfs), when my husband was going out to the store. "Are you sure you don't want to go". I sneezed and said "NO, thanks". One minute later he came back and said, "Do you know those trees by the front door that you are moving today?'' I looked up and he said, "Don't think that will work out". What we found was this.... two blue eggs the size of peanut M&M'S and one angry little mama bird watching us....She had laid her eggs in my (fake)ivy trees beside our front doors,and they were precious...my maternal hormones were all warm and fuzzy...over powering any swollen nasal passages....All of the sudden,spring is beautiful again.....


I will keep you posted on my new babies, and I will try to keep peace with their angry mama.....




Welcome Spring! And Welcome Back, You Lime Green Peril

No comments: