Saturday, March 7, 2009

It Was A Nice Day!


My husband had had enough of seeing me stressed out and worried, and I'm pretty sure tired of the dark cloud that's been hanging over me for the past few days. Especially since I've been watching movies like One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest, Out of Africa and Terms of Endearment, and I was just about to watch THE SHINING when he said "HEY, let's do something today".(Personally I think he had visions of me walking around the house talking to my finger saying, REDRUM...REDRUM...)

So he decided it would be a great day to go downtown....to the big ATL...He was taking me to see the king....No, not Elvis ladies...King Tut....There is an amazing exhibit at the Atlanta Civic Center, Just to see things that are over 3000 yrs old is pretty incredible, they even had the bed that the boy king slept on, camera's and cell phones are prohibited and security is tight...I never wanted to touch something so bad in my life...(and I will never tell if I did or didn't)...Atlanta is a beautiful city with so many things to do, and every time we go downtown it gives me an opportunity to nag at my husband about why he doesn't take me down there more often....maybe it's the nagging part.....Last Sunday we had snow in Georgia.....it was crazy....it was beautiful, but it was crazy....this weekend, the trees are in full bloom and the parks are beautiful....The weather is in the 70's....I heard someone say, If your not happy with the weather in Georgia, wait 20 mintues......

No comments: