Sunday, August 16, 2009

Nothing Like A Reality Check.....

My how time flies when you have your toes buried in the sand...What happened to the week, I think I blinked and missed it....I got way too much sun, always say I won't, but I always exceed the legal limit....Back to the real world now...No more sunsets on the beach with the warm gulf breezes, and the only sand I'm seeing today is what I'm emptying out of my lint basket from the pile of dirty clothes....And there's nothing like a garden that's waiting for you when you get home to give you a nice big slap back to reality.....A bunch of veggies that's begging to be picked and a hubby that thinks your overjoyed at the thought of another day/night of canning them......Welcome Back to the Palace, Mrs Queen! Now go start on those tomatoes.....

3 comments:

Buttercup said...

Thanks for stopping by. Your blog is so cute and I liked your Christmas counter. Actually looked at cards today, but I'm going to make most of mine this year. Need to start now!

Linda said...

Yes, we all have to come back to the Palace, and to reality after a vacation don't we? But there is some security in that, and in the routines of our lives.

So my Queen,...welcome home,...get to work! ((smile))

Your new friend @ Truthful Tidbits

septembermom said...

Welcome back! I'm glad you enjoyed your wonderful vacation. The garden will be a nice place to regroup and shine for you.