Monday, September 28, 2009

Home.............

"The mountains are calling, and I must go".




While the clean up here continues and people are trying to recover from the devastating flood we've had, my parents are suffering their own unbelievable nightmare.....These beautiful mountains that I grew up in are threatening to destroy my parents home....Several years ago a large gas company drilled a well and access road on top of the mountain behind my parents house, so much erosion and damage was caused that basically it is a volcano waiting to explode......They woke up one morning with part of the mountain coming toward their living room...I am home helping my family pack up a home that my grandparents built.....Waiting on the corporate world to put a price on a lifetime of memories..........


5 comments:

Montanagirl said...

Queenie - I've just gotten back to blogging after being gone...I'm so sorry to hear about your troubles, and your parents' home. How awful for you. Keep your chin up.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness, that is so very sad! I am so sorry you are all going through such a hard time. I pray that God will give you grace to get through this somehow. I know it would be so hard to leave, when there has been a lifetime of love and memories in that house.

Prayers,
Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness...what a horrible thing.

Praying for all concerned!

(((hugs)))

Jann said...

I'm so terribly sorry about your parents' house, on top of the flooding itself. Big hugs to you and heart-felt wishes that you all pull through ok.

Andora said...

That is so awful Queen...I hope some how things will get better..that is so sad to loose all the family history of your home...