Friday, July 3, 2009

A short, strange,true and somewhat Patriotic tell by Moi....

Once upon a time I took a trip to a strange and mystical land far, far away from the sanity of the south, to a place filled with many bright lights and gorgeous people. Where different languages were spoken on every corner and beautiful shoes and purses were abundant....I was overwhelmed and in heaven...This mystical land was called Manhattan....A sea of people on every corner and they were all on a mission...I just don't know what that was, because some of them looked intense and a little terrifying...


There were little yellow cars with lots of cussing and yelling, and upon getting out of them I felt the urge to vomit and thank God all at the same time....

The night life was amazing because people never slept, with places like Soho, Broadway and Chinatown....Did I mention the beautiful shoes and purses....
Beauty all around that hypnotized this southern girl and drew her in like a drug...I was hooked.

With places full of wonderful history and museums all around, I just knew I could stay here forever...Soon I was getting thirsty it was time for some refreshment's....Sweet Tea anyone?...
After hours and hours of searching high and low all I was offered was something called Snapple and Unsweetened Tea....."SHOCKING"....In my land if there isn't one and a half to two cups of sugar added to that golden brewed nectar it's not fit for man nor beast....All of the sudden I was thirsty and confused...I knew my stay was coming to an end...I had one more thing to do before leaving this great city, I needed to visit the lady in the harbor....

As I drew closer to her, her grace and beauty brought tears to my eyes....She was the most magnificent women that I had ever seen....The very sight of her was powerful...In her mighty hands was a document, and written on it was the date of our Independence's....I stood in awe......What an honor to see her in this beautiful city...


On my travels to this great metropolis I learned many things like, Never purchase a purse from a street vendor....You will end up with something called a CoGucci...That's what happens when Coach and Gucci mate....I think....Always risk your life and go to the darken alleys and hidden corners for quality knockoffs....And never, ever go to this place without paying respect to the lady in the harbor....

I know, crazy, just plain stupid and full of ellipsis (my crazy dots) but I can't write without them, kinda like trying to talk with your hand tied behind your back (can't do that either) but what can I say it's me........See here's more dots

Have a great 4th of July Y'all!!!!

2 comments:

Sue said...

Ha, good post! Though I'm not a fan of purses and shoes.......I do use a lot of dots myself! And I never knew that had a name.
Have a great Fourth!

Jann said...

Love this post! I'm a would-be shoe lover but for the lack of a normal foot/size...but I do love a cute purse, got it genetically from my mom...never been to NYC but hope to go some day. The parts about the S of L brought tears to my eyes.