Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Past Five Months....................

Y'all know I live on the edge and everyday is an adventure for me.......NOT!.....Thought I would update you on what you've been missing....I have parents who are in poor health...That's not changed...In fact the list of ailments have doubled on them...My Mother has been diagnosed with Lupus. And there pretty sure she has had it for years, she also is in Congestive Heart Failure.....None of these are pleasant.....My Daddy just had prostate surgery, the only good thing about this is the jokes he's been telling....It would be best if I didn't share those with you, my Daddy is a little twisted!



I celebrated a birthday in March that made me realize I was truly middle aged....The first half of the month I spent in a fetal position.....The second half I just cried!! A lady told me that middle age was "magical"for women.....I stood in front of a mirror naked and prayed that the "magic" would begin quickly and start with my sagging breast.....So far..No magic has happened!



I am still twenty pounds heavier than I would like to be, and with swimsuit season fast approaching I shall require a bathing suit with enough Lycra and Spandex in it to cut off my circulation if I want everything "held up and in".............Close your eyes and imagine that....Hot Right!!!


I AM STILL EXTREMELY MENOPAUSAL, And that alone is a 24/7 thrill ride!





I still have a ravishing affair with cupcakes, I've thought about eating them and then vomiting but consider that to be cruel to the pastry chef who created them.....I'm not that mean!


Just today we went to a wedding in a beautiful field, as we were walking to our seats we passed by a magical display of these little beauties....I looked at my husband and said, "This is going to be a great wedding". A cupcake is like Christmas, each bite a surprise.....I was surprised several times today!





And if you thought I would end this post with out mentioning that little beautiful bundle of love that I can't get enough of.......You were wrong!!!



I am smitten!

7 comments:

Melinda said...

Lif is one big roller coaster---hold on tight!

The little bundle is just precious!


Melinda

Linda said...

I wondered where you have been Queenie! I have been missing you.

I totally remember what it is like to care for aging parents. John and I did a lot of that before his parents passed away. It is hard to let them go.

And Grandbabies keep ya busy too. They are wonderful! We have had 14you know. 11 are still here on earth and 3 are in heaven with Jesus. Plus even some more that have been miscarried that we will meet for the first time in heaven.

Last year I gave up bathingsuits....no that does not mean I go skinny dipping...it just means I won't be caught in a suit anymore with this body! I wish I only had 20 pouns to lose...I would want to triple that at least!

Well on that sad note I will close.

Just wanted to say hello.

Take Care!

Linda

Chatty Crone said...

I can see why you are smitten - he is adorable!

LindainNCtoo said...

I have been missing you, Angie!!!

No one told us when we get older all of things that we have to deal with as a woman.....sagging breasts, menopause, etc. They tell us all the exciting news of going to college, getting married and having a career/family...none of the real reality stuff.

I wish I had known...I would have stayed home as long as I could. lol

Taking care of our aging parents is an emotional thing because we think that they will always be there for us and be in great health. I am glad that you are able to be there for them and take care of them; they appreciate it.

Big hugs.... what it is your email now? What email I had for you bounces. :(

Linda

Terra said...

Oh yes, life is a wild ride, cupcakes, aging, parents' health issues and all. Congratulations on the precious baby.

Shug said...

Been on this roller coaster ride in life...Still there, I THINK!
Maybe a bit past middle age, I guess that depends on a lot!
Your bundle of joy is precious! Just close your eyes, and hang on...there may be a few more curves before the down-Hill ride.
Sure hope your parents health gets better...Will be praying for you all..
Hugs,
shug

Lois Evensen said...

Yes, this "life thing" is quite a ride, isn't it! Other than being able to help relieve other's pain, there isn't much I would change. And, this "life thing" is much better than the alternative!

Thanks for the great-post update.

I hope your parents find comfort. They are lucky to have you to love them.

Hugs,
Lois