Friday, May 6, 2011

Back In The Saddle Again................

Could it be...Is it true.....Did she finally go to the Walmart she frequents so much that they know her by name and buy a computer?????? Yes she did!!! Yippee!!!! And boy do I have a lot to tell y'all, so grab a cupcake and a cup of coffee or a glass of sweet tea and let's get going.....because I've been saving up!!! First off, WE HAVE A BABY BOY!!!!!!

And I am ready to start showing him off.......

So feast your eyes on this little angel here......







Elias Nathan Tibbetts


Elias means "Jehovah is God" and Nathan means " Gift of God"


Due date was May the 15th....he decided he had had enough and came 3 weeks early..."Baby Mama" had a rough pregnancy and was put on bed rest, her Graves Disease progressed enough that she will need chemo treatments....On top of that she had toxemia...she was really sick but didn't take care of her self and for months Doctors said ten different things that would be wrong with our little pea pot....after his two week check up and a kidney ultra sound he looks great!!!!! Trust me, the kidneys work fine....Having a baby boy pee in your face is new to me....Anytime his diaper is off he can pee two feet in the air...Or your face! A lot of prayers have been prayed for him and we are rejoicing!!!



There isn't an Adoption 101 class to take and there should be....It was the hardest thing I have ever been a part of and I cant even imagine what my daughter and son in-law have had to go through.....I got to know "Baby Mama" through doctors visits and a few lunches but it didn't prepare me for the birth and removal of this little miracle......When he was born we were celebrating this miracle God had given my daughter and son in-law, while a few doors down the hall another family was grieving the loss of him...A young woman who's heart was broken because she couldn't raise him and a Grandmother who had to let him go....As a Mother I felt like my heart was being ripped out, first for my own child who was in tears for days thinking that she would change her mind and keep him, and then for this other family who couldn't provide for this precious angel....I will tell you that we all cried enough to last a life time....They have 45 days to appeal the adoption...We are counting down.....THEN WE ARE CELEBRATING!!!



On top of all this fun and excitement, my Mama has Lupus and Congestive Heart Failure to go along with the list of her other ailments...My Daddy had prostate surgery.....I will save y'all the jokes my Daddy has said about that!!!!! At least his spirits are up!!! And that's all that's up!!! So he says.......




My dear friends you have been missed.....

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Congratulations and best wishes to the new family.
He is a cutie!

Happy Mother's Day to you and yoir daughter.

Melinda

Buttercup said...

And you have been missed. What news! He is a honey-bunch and you are all in my prayers!

Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...

Wow! You're right a lot has happened.
I can't believe how adoption is so different these days. When I was adopted my mom didn't even get to know my birth mom's name let alone meet her. When the papers were signed there were no set days to appeal and stress out about the possibility of losing your adopted baby.
I pray you all hang in there and I can imagine all the tears and for all the various reasons. I often put myself in my birth mom's shoes and start to cry. She did it for me to have a better life and for that I thank her. I think about her a lot and wish I could meet her now that I'm older.

Well I"ll stop my comment here as it's turning into a book itself. I hope you had your coffee and cupcake to read it. LOL!
Oh and you were missed a bunch too!
HUGS
Kim

Anonymous said...

Being a adoptive mom, I know what you are going through....praying that everything works out...45 days seems like a long time...we waited much less....you get so bonded and attached in 45...I know as we lost one baby that way...she went to her grandmother and we've always wondered how she is...
our two adopted sons are grown now and almost on their own...would I do it over again? of course..
he is a beautiful boy...hugs from California

Chatty Crone said...

Congrats.

Happy Mother's Day.

Love, sandie

Lois Evensen said...

Welcome back and congrats on that new little man! :) So precious!

Hugs,
lois

DesertHen said...

Congratulations to all of you!

He is a beautiful baby boy!

Missed ya!

Happy Mother's Day! =)

Shug said...

Certainly have missed you and might I say, that I love your new look...
Congratulations on this beautiful baby....I know there were bitter sweet moments for your family, but God is in control and He has opened the door that needed to be opened...
Hope everyone is doing well...
Praying with you and for you...
shug