Monday, January 26, 2009

Lotions, Potions and the Cold Hard Truth

Vanity......Why are we so worried about the lines on our face?....Why can't we just look at what the years have created and go, good job.....WHATEVER.......

I have never felt that I was attractive, my face has many flaws, lots and lots of what I call battle scars, divorce,wrong decisions and and the stressful times of being a single parent takes a toll on a body, not to mention all those years of sun worshiping.

I am not sure if it's because my daughter just turned twenty seven, or the fact that I will soon be another year older in March....and another year closer to the big five- O.....But vanity and age has really got me down latley...


Now, I have bought ever lotion, potion ,and miracle cure out there, even going so far to try
Restylane... Restyane, I will compare to a root canal without local anesthetic, and yet I laid there without complaint with tears in my eyes saying " Thank you sir may I have another "....Botox on the other hand, was a walk in the park...begging to be shot up like a druggie on a street corner ....But when is enough enough, no one in the real world wants to look like Joan Rivers (do they) will someone please tell me....
When will we say were happy with the lines on our faces and just walk proud...... when I was in my thirties I use to think that each line was my own, something that I had earned... life's lesson's if you will...the ones on my forehead were divorce, struggle and all the difficulties I endeared throughout my lifetime before god had blessed me with my husband, but now I will be the first to tell you that that is a bunch of BULL..... give me the botulism.........(if there is an online therapy group...please feel free to contact me, before I call Joan Rivers ).

I spent some quality time with my granddaughter on Sunday, we went to pick up something to eat and I was minding my business listening to Peter Frampton on the radio ..."Do you like that song Grammie?"... Yes, I replied...."You cant like that, that's rock music and that's for young people"....WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY!!!! That's for young people.....I tried to tell her Peter Frampton was something that I listened to when I was young..we argued back and forth for a few minutes...SHE WASN'T BUYING IT....In her eyes.... I WAS TO OLD......all I can say is .......I sure did LIKE that little girl...............

No comments: