Saturday, January 30, 2010
6 cups Borax
6 cups Arm and Hammer Washing Soda
4 Bars Fels Naptha
And nothing else.....
I am one of those people that believe more is better, so I just put it all together ( You only have a cup and half of Borax left over anyway). Oxy-Clean or the Clorox Stain Fighter and Color Booster don't hurt at all...I really like having it in there..And the Clorox Stain Fighter and Color Booster was only $2.00 at the Dollar General..
Friday, January 29, 2010
First, gather these items
Before you add these together you must grate the soap....I choose to put mine in a blender, it comes out very powdery....If you choose to do this, you MUST brake up the bars of soap into tiny pieces (I put them in a zip lock bag and hit them with a hammer, did the job)
The Fels Naptha Soap bar is hardest to find but I have found it at our local Ace Hardware Store and also Kroger ( it's not in the soap section, it's in the laundry detergent section).
The first time I made mine I altered it a little and added 2cups of Oxy-clean to the mix..It worked great...This time I found the box of Clorox color booster and stain remover for $2.00 and added it......Total cost for all products.....under $8.00
The Fels Naptha Soap bar is a heavy duty stain remover
Arm and Hammer washing soda works on grease and neutralizes odors
The Borax cleans disinfects and softens the water
And the Clorox is a Stain Fighter and Color Booster
I've been chatting with Jennifer over at Through The Storms Of Life, and she has some really great homemade cleaning recipes....."Hey Jenn, the mold and mildew remover is awesome"...If anybody has some old family cleaning recipes they use....I would love to hear them.....
Monday, January 25, 2010
Thought I would share a few pictures with you....Just a few
Tangerine Dream- Lots of creamy milk and tangerine zest...
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Now, let's go have some Birthday fun
Wednesday, January 13, 2010
Thursday, January 7, 2010
1. Some of you may think I joke when I say I'm an Obsessive Compulsive Person, I'm Not....I am big time OCD....My husband has learned to tolerate me over the years....He just raises his feet when he sees me coming, because it usually means I have a vacuum cleaner or dust buster in my hands.
2.I really do love to clean....I could vacuum and dust every day....A dirty mirror or window drives me insane....And I am constantly cleaning my oven.....I know, I have issues.
If I could make it stop I would....Why couldn't I be an obsessive compulsive ballerina or ball room dancer....Maybe because there aren't any ballerinas who wear an F-cup in a bra....Oh Yea! those are called strippers.....I think I will stick to cleaning.
3. I hate to fold and hang laundry, but I love to smell my clean clothes.
4.I love to can and preserve fruits and vegetable's...I think there's an art to doing it...I love what it looks like in the jars when your finished....My Grandmother and Mama taught me these skills. And I still cherish them.
5. My life would be nothing without God and my family...I have two favorite bible verses.
But as for you, you meant evil against me; but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is this day, to save many people alive.
And Psalm 103:12
As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
6. I love photography, and can't wait to start my lessons...
7. I am knocking on fifty and my daughter just taught me how to knit...I am making a scarf...It's very crocked but I'm going wear it anyway...
But, I cant sew...........Really.....I once sewed all the buttons on the inside of the wrong shirt....The dress I Had to make in home economics class wasn't suitable to wear for my grade....I failed that class.......
8.I am obsessed with organic soap making, I've also started making lotion and kitchen soap...
9. I live with a lot of regrets, I still let my past haunt me.
10. There's a lot of my childhood I want to remember forever, and some I wish I could forget.
11. I am a sleepwalker and talker...I have woke my husband up trying to get the chickens out of the house....He has also got me off the front porch....Just to name a few.
12. I am very proud of my mountain heritage and being a Coal Miners daughters.
13. I believe our house is haunted...We bought the property and built the house four years ago and have always heard little things. About a year ago things got really crazy, voices, televisions, lights and digital photo frames coming on. lots and lots of footsteps and things in my kitchen banging when we aren't in there...I could go on.....Not sure what we will do about this situation....We were woke up during the night with banging on our bedroom wall about three weeks ago and this has happened several times since then....Anyone have the number for a good Ghost Hunter???
14. Summer is my favorite season, But my favorite time to cook is during the fall and winter.
15. I love to read.
16. I've never seen a picture of myself that I thought was good.
17. I've been a "big girl" before, as a matter of fact for several years....At my heaviest I weighed 287lbs......That's only skinny if your seven foot tall...........I'm not..............I don't weigh that now, but I'm sure if I keep sneaking cupcakes I might..
18. I'm not shy....I'm very out spoken and a bit of a flirt.
19. For the past twenty years I have worked in the Operating Room (who don't love a blood and guts girl) Now, I am trying to figure out what I want to be when I grow up.
20. I love to, and can sing.
21. I almost drown when I was a little girl...I was terrified of the water and never went near it until I was in my early twenties...I taught myself how to swim, and now I love and respect the water.
22. I was thirty years old before I got my ears pierced....So sad...I pierced them myself...Big Mistake...
23. I hate seafood.
24. I love a good purse...."Boy do I love good purses"....And they like me!!!
24. I believe being a middle child is a punishment....It has made me crazy!!! And after reading this post you will realize just how boring and sad my existence is.....I shall now go eat a cupcake and wallow in the misery that is my life....